Running is a great time for prayer. In ideal circumstances that is all that my mind would focus on. But today I had trouble doing that, there was traffic, construction (lots of it today), people, focusing on technique and tiredness. But it seemed like every time I passed one of these obstacles my mind went straight back to prayer. I felt all over the place. So today my mind; when I could focus went straight to my mom. I have been praying for her alot lately. She had a doctor visit last week that had some odd things show up and will have more tests done in the future. I prayed that God would take care of my best friend and to not worry her with the health concerns. I have been praying this for two weeks now and I think prayer is very powerful and know God has a plan for her-for us all. I think about my mom alot when I run and how I wish I could some how help her get active. Maybe one day she will be running beside me on my first half marathon. (HAHA, just kidding momma). She is feeling better and after researching things I think she does have some peace of mind.
I wish I didn't get so distracted when I pray-I thought it was always my ADD that hindered uninterrupted prayer but I think its hard for us all. I find myself praying that I can pray, have you ever done that before. I hope my next run will be a little easier and less disrupted.
Job 22:27
Thou shalt make thy prayer unto him, and he will hear thee; And thou shalt pay thy vows.
No comments:
Post a Comment