Friday, March 23, 2012

Music isn't so bad

So I haven't been running with music for the past 6 months. I have grown to love the sounds around me when I run. Birds chirping, the "mine mine mine" of a gull, sounds of bugs and dogs barking. But I have found it to be safer, it makes me more aware of cars and flying golf balls towards my head. But sometimes it allows me too much thinking room and little push. It does put me in a zone which is great for a long run but it doesn't give  me an added push like the music sometimes does.
Today I had less time and wanted to get in a shorted faster run. It was less than 2 miles but I knocked 45 seconds off my average mile. My secret...some music.  I took my iphone and crancked up the tunes.  I put it on shuffle and ran as the music pumped or walked as it slowed down.  I highly reccomend (at your own ability) doing a similar type work out, its alot of fun to run with the music.  I was running on an empty golf course near my house when I did this last night so I wasn't as concerned with the dangers around me. 

1 Samuel 18:14
In everything he did he had great success, because the LORD was with him.
Goliath enjoyed the go and slow run.
Before
The begining of the run. The rain did hold off but it sure was cloudy.

No comments: