Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I am so excited to start this.  I hope to post pictures of my outings and some of the stuff I encounter on my runs. 

So I haven't  run much since my last race in December.  So in preparation for my brother's wedding I have decided to lose weight in hopes that it will also make me fast.  I am currently at 163 pounds and loosing with the help of weight watchers and exercise.  I decided on Monday that I was gonna buckle down and stick with it.  I am hoping that writing will also hold me accountable and stick with eating better and continuing to run.  My dream would be to run at least a half marathon this year.  Goals are to loose about 20 more pounds and to run under a 10:00 average mile and become closer to God.

Today was my second day of running this week and it went better than I could have ever expected.  I ran the what we call around here the double bridges and back.  It is a beautiful run across the White Oak River with water on both sides of the road.  Absolutely beautiful! I ran from work across the bridges and back for 2.35 miles in 30 minutes with 12:55 average (I got a ways to go to get my time down).  But hey I still ran over 2 miles,  I hadn't run in weeks and I ran over 2 miles. YIPPPEE! I sure am feeling it tonight. I tried to golf with the hubs and gave up pretty quick with soreness and just too tired.  I know this will start to get better if I keep at it.  So here is to running and a hopeful a good nights sleep tonight.

1 Corinthians 9:24-25

24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

No comments: