Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Running Partner

I watched the clock all day today for the time I could come home to run.  I don't know why I wanted to run so bad because I usually don't run back to back days.  I was so sore all day from yesterday's workout and could barely walk but I just had to get out.  As I was getting ready Goliath started jumping and whining and crying and begging, well you get the point, he wanted to go.  He knows when I start to put on my running shoes that its time for mommy to go run and he might get to go.  I know he looks small, well he is but he sure can run. I am so thankful for him.

On the thankful note...Today's run was great, a slow 2.3 mile run on the golf course at my house.  I just couldn't believe how nice it was out.  For one I love spring and all that God shows us during spring.  Everything is so new and fresh, I guess that's why I just had to get out in it today.  Today I saw several pairs of birds on the ponds and flying thru the air.  The grass is starting to show some green.  The trees are budding and beginning to flower.  God was saying here I am and this is what I have done for you.  It is great to see the little things outside start to change and grow.  What a better time than now to start to make those little changes in my life. Positive changes, changes to make a healthier, happier, stronger, faster, better me.

Genesis 1:11
Then God said, “Let the land sprout with vegetation—every sort of seed-bearing plant, and trees that grow seed-bearing fruit. These seeds will then produce the kinds of plants and trees from which they came.” And that is what happened.

No comments: